Driving Without A Licence
Driving Without A Licence
Driving without a licence or otherwise in accordance with a licence is a summary only offence which carries a level 3 fine £1000.
Driving not in accordance with a licence could be when you are a learner driver but are not supervised or not displaying your L plates.
Driving without a licence or otherwise than in accordance with a licence has two categories of
If you are entitled to hold a licence but have lost or misplaced or where your licence has been revoked or suspended and you did not know or would not have reason to believe that your licence had been revoked you will not get your licence endorsed but would still be liable to a fine of up to £1,000.
If you are not entitled to hold a driving licence or are
If you have any questions about driving without a licence call one of our specialist solicitors free of charge, we will provide you with advice and steps as to what to do next even when we know you will not instruct us because the level of charge is low.
However, you may find that you are acquiring 12 points which may make you liable to a disqualification if that applies to you.
12 points or more / Exceptional Hardship
I have no licence and was involved in an accident where someone was fatally injured. What is the penalty?
I wasn't to blame would my offence be any more serious than just not having licence?
There must be a causal link between your driving and the cause of death if that does not exist then no offence will have been committed and you should just be dealt with for the lesser offence.
If you are facing an offence of causing death by driving whilst unlicensed you will be extremely anxious you should not worry a moment longer Call one of our specialist solicitors who will be able to put your mind a rest.
How can Auriga Advocates help me?
- We can help to alleviate all the worry and anxiety that facing an offence
which involves a death can cause by giving free initial advice.
- We can support you even before you are charged by providing representation at a police interview. READ MORE ABOUT POLICE STATION INTERVIEW
- We will review the evidence against you meticulously and keep both the prosecution evidence and your defence evidence under constant review.
- We will keep you informed every step of the way.
- We will answer all of your questions and concerns.
- We ensure that you get the best representation in court because we only used advocates we know and trust.
- If you are pleading guilty we will ensure that you have evidence in support of your mitigation and expert representation to secure the best result possible
- We will listen and support you all the way without extra charge
- We will agree a fixed fee so that you have peace of mind financially and we also have payment options to spread the financial burden.
If I have driven without a driving licence would I be committing any other offences?
This will depend very much on our insurance policy, but as a rule, if you do not hold a driving licence your insurance policy will not cover you.
However, this area of law
Unsure What to do Next?
If you have been involved in an accident which has resulted in someone’s death you will
One of our legal team will be more than happy to discuss your options and your concerns FREE OF CHARGE.
We will not charge you a penny until you instruct us to act for you and offer an instalment payment plan to make it easier for you financially.
We are confident that we can offer you the best advice and support but you do not have to take our word for it see what our clients think of us
Defend your licence available on Amazon
Fitting handily in your glove compartment, Defend Your Licence is the perfect companion for everyone getting behind the wheel.
were fantastic. From the first telephone conversation where I enquired about the services and cost involved everything was totally clear. Both Andrea and Lloyd who I dealt with were professional but warm, reassuring and were always available to answer any concerns or questions I had. Right up until the day I entered court they were there for me. My barrister who represented me in court, Lisa, was again also fantastic.
Right down to value for money (and I did look around) I really cannot fault the service I got from Auriga Advocates.
Auriga Advocates Ltd is a limited company,
registered office Electra House, Electra Way, Crewe, CW1 6GL, telephone number 01270 509496
Registered No 08928546 and is a law firm authorised and regulated by Solicitors Regulatory Authority SRA No 614279.
VAT Reg No: 265 643093